Fort Campbell, KY Festivals Arts
The Roxy Theatre was originally The Lillian movie theatre in 1913. The Lillian burned down in 1914, was rebuilt, and then remained closed through the Great Depression. When Fort Campbell moved into the area, the theatre was renamed the Roxy in 1947 and showed movies until 1980 when Tom Thayer and John McDonald took over and turned it into a live theatre in 1983. The demand for Shakespeare and classic performances drew in a professional company and in 1995, the Roxy Regional School of the Arts was established to train teens in modern acting alongside the professionals. The school still offers a 6-week course each summer.